I initially thought it would put some hold on the plans, some delay, but to be honest I'm not really sure. It's being pushed so hard now it may be a "hell or high water" situation.
I guess we'll have to wait and see.
15% cut is pretty significant.
Any thoughts or opinions as to how this may affect the school board and their efforts to consolidate the county's schools. Will it or will it not affect them?
I initially thought it would put some hold on the plans, some delay, but to be honest I'm not really sure. It's being pushed so hard now it may be a "hell or high water" situation.
I guess we'll have to wait and see.
15% cut is pretty significant.
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
As long as the BOS isn't on board, school consolidation will not happen..especially with the state funding cuts.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
While this may endanger aspects of building new schools, I wouldn't be surprised to see a few of the county high schools get closed down and students bussed to other schools.
And somewhere Basham will be laughing
It would be a bit sad for this whole project to come full circle that way
I was talking to a friend of mine after I posted this thread and he says that there is already talk of shutting the schools down and going with the original plan the Basham proposed a few years ago.
I might add that this person is in the "know" about things like this as he is connected in the political aspects of Wise county, especially its schoolboard.
I actually heard the same thing earlier tonight. A high school or two will be closed and moved into another high school. Rumor or not,, who knows.
Guess JJK and PV need to start ordering desks then![]()
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
Since when does Wise Co BOS ever make fiscal (or any other kind of) sense? This is exactly what will happen,the "plan B" if we do not consolidate. The folks from Pound and Appy who are *****ing and crying now about consolidation? Wait till this goes down (singing "You ain't seen nothing yet"). They just THOUGHT the drive to the new school was unfair. Sucks.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
Bookmarks